Monday, January 30, 2012

Grinding To A Halt

Saturday, January 28, 2012, was a short one. Because I am now the coach of the City Stars Flame Throwers, an honor which I received on Thursday morning, I had to make short work of the a.m. hunt. A 9:00 a.m. game meant that I'd have to be in the truck by 8:00, at the latest. Howling north winds and crystal clear conditions meant that Memphis would be a certain possibility, so John, Blake, Franks, and Garrett headed out in that direction. To avoid interrupting their morning activities, I eased out in the treeline on Chuck's and hoped for the best. When It was all sad & done, the Memphis blind had scratched out 1 green wing and I'd popped 5 Gadwall & 1 Teal. After I left, Fred & Blake crossed over to Chuck's and bagged another Shoveler & 1 Snow.

9 Birds:
5 Gadwall
2 GWT
1 Shoveler
1 Snow.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, January 27, Papa, J-Hawk, John, Blake & I went for 'em on GW's. We knew from the get-go that the number of ducks holding in the field would be fairly slim, but it was our best option, so we set a levee blind and did our best. We left with 8 Birds.

8 Birds:
7 Mallards
1 Woody

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment